Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Women Who Changed My Life. (narrative)

The Women Who Changed My Life
Have you ever had that one person in your life to be there when things go wrong, or when you just need someone to talk to? Not many people do, but I am lucky enough to have that special person. The women who helped me through thick and thin, and never turned her head of stabbed me in the back; my mommy. Ever since the day I was born my mother was the one to be there for me.
When I was around the age of two and learning how to talk and get into everything my mother was there to teach me the rights and wrongs. Being two years old I wasn’t going to listen to much she had to say because I would just wait for her to turn around and do it again no matter how much trouble I got in; but the older I got the more I understood what my mommy was teaching me and how she was looking out for the better part of me. As I began to get older my mother would teach me how to clean up my mess and do other things on my own. I remember back when I was about 8 years old and I was in school I had a thing for monkeys. When I was at school one day they told me about a monkey fund our school was doing to save the injured monkeys and help them find homes, our class goal was $100 and I couldn’t resist but to help. I went home and waited for my parents to go to sleep and stole $100 from my parents; the next day I went to school and the teacher had asked if anyone had any money to place in the tub for our monkey fund, I looked around and waited for the other students to place their money in the fund then walked up to the bin and placed my parents $100 bill. The teacher looked at me with a glance of “Did her parents really give her that money for a monkey fund.” Later that night when I was at home my teacher had called my parents and told them about the money, my parents looked at me with the “you are in so much trouble face;” I was scared and new that I had done something wrong. My mother sat beside me and explained to me that taking what’s not yours is wrong, and that you should always ask for something that you need; stealing gets you nowhere but behind grey bars.
The older I got the more I needed my mother in my life, when I reached middle school where I began to hang out with different people and think I was mature and needed no one I was wrong. As you get older you learn that some people in the world only care about themselves and no one else; the girls in middle school were backstabbers and twofaced, the boys were caught up in the life of girls they didn’t care if they hurt you or not. The first time a girl stabbed me in the back I was upset and didn’t want anyone to know, but my mother had the instincts of knowing something was wrong with me and asked me. I was scared to tell my mom about what happened and truthfully I didn’t want anyone to know, but I told my mother what had happened. She looked at me and gave me the biggest hug letting me know that was not the first time a girl was going to be twofaced and go behind your back to someone else, girls are girls it will happen until you meet the right friends. My mother was also there the first time I broke up with a guy, I thought it was painful to have a guy breakup with you but when you breakup with a guy it was completely different, but of course no sooner than I could feel upset about it my mommy was there to the rescue and tell me the stories of her life with boys.
When I finally reached high school not only did I know I was in for a lot of heartbreaks, backstabbing friends, and an experience of a lifetime but I wanted to take my mother with me every day I went so I could have her help me and guide me the right way. My first serious relationship in high school was with a trouble maker who never did anything Kevin Clark. High school was the time for lust not love, and for me I was in lust. I told my mother over and over again that I was in love with this guy but my mama knew that I was just in the high school lust stage. My mother told me all the time that he wasn’t any good and that I shouldn’t fall in love while in high school; she always used a saying “there is more fish in the sea,” she would tell me things like how do you know he is the one for you if you can’t even get along for longer than five minutes; but it turned out my mother was right when I got pregnant and he left. The only person I could rely on and trust through my whole pregnancy was my mother because I knew she was there for me and would love me no matter what happened or how much I changed. If I didn’t have my mother with me through everything that happened during my child birth and after my son was born I probably wouldn’t be where I am today; about to graduate high school and I wouldn’t have met the man I am with today.
            My mother is my hero and I am thankful for her every day, she is the reason I am who I am today. My mother was with me through thick and thin, heartbreaks, and backstabbing twofaced girls.

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Brittany! Every mother wants to hear how she has positvely affected her child's life, and I think you should share this with her. I know she is proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very touching I do agree with mrs. biondi, you should show this to your mother if you haven't already done so. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really cute britt! your mom is really sweet(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany- I'm glad you have such a personal and strong relationship with your Mom, not everyone this positive impact in their live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really nice, I'm sure your mother is happy to know that she's helped you grow into a better person . I think everyone should be able to talk to their parents and trust them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that it is a good thing to have a mother in your life the way you did to just be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good topic, people change everybodies lives and having a woman like her to change your life is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Britt, This Is Sweet And Yes You Have Changed Thanks To mama Ball. But She Changes And Influences Others To She Has That affect On People She Has That Affect On Me Actually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can really relate to this writing because I also wrote one of my essays about how my mother changed my life and made me who I am today.

    ReplyDelete