Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ballad

Ballad of the Liar

We used to be good friends
Until you made one wrong move,
Now there will be no amends
Cause you have nothing else to prove.

I tried to be the nice guy
But you blew me off,
Now you’re nothing but lies
Cause for you it’s like a cough.

You say it’s something that I’ve done
When really it’s all your fault,
This battle has not been won
Cause I will not win by default.

You say I stole your boyfriend
But really you let him go,
Now let me lend a hand
And tell you something that you know.

He told me he doesn’t want you
So how about you back off,
You really don’t have a clue
Of what I’m capable of.

Now I spend my days happy
Cause I have what makes me feel good,
You go around looking crappy
Cause you did all that you could.

Now I have your ex boyfriend
And we are happy as can be,
And for you I recommend
trying to be happy like me.

8 comments:

  1. good ballad, it shows all the drama in high school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title--it drew me in right away! I also like the last stanza a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good story shows alot of drama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your balld is just like real life situations, i like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This can relate to a lot of people,good job connecting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked reading this a lot, Ashyln. Is this the one you will be doing in Mrs. Massingale's class?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sad to think people have to go through this sort of drama in high school. None of it is fun and it really is better to just make amends and be okay with everyone

    ReplyDelete