Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Ballad of Poseidon's Daughter

On the rocks where most sirens call
I sat and waited for the sky to fall
Jumping threw waves quicker than before
Looking for anything, something more

I grew up in the ocean under the tide
 Fearing that I needed to constantly hide
I stayed down below in the deepest blue
Where the seaweed grew, I waited for you

I waited every day and every night
For my knight in armor to come in sight
Your boat just out of my reach
Shipwrecked on the deserted beach

If only I could grow legs out of this fin I’d run
Stretch my arms out to you and lay in the sun
I’d come to your rescue if I could get out of this water
But I can’t for I am Poseidon’s daughter

I grew up in the ocean under the tide
 Fearing that I needed to constantly hide
I stayed down below in the deepest blue
Where the seaweed grew, I waited for you




On the rocks where most sirens call
I sat and waited for the sky to fall
Jumping threw waves quicker than before
Looking for anything, something more

I’m still waiting in my prison of water
Years have passed and the sun grows hotter
We fight to see each other in this endless war
We’re looking for anything, something more

11 comments:

  1. Lexie, I love your piece becasue it works perfectly with mine :). Its awesome and has very pretty writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful--I agree with Josi. I love mythologies and this (and Josi's)sounds like a true ballad--a narrative sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy how your ballad goes hand in hand with Josi's. Was this planned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one for the fact that it went along with someone else's and the way you strung words together made for a good read.

    Also you had mermaid hair the day you presented this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lexie, good job on your ballad. I, too, like how you and Josi worked together to give both sides of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repetition was different, I liked it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your writing was very beautiful. i don't really like things about mermaids but i liked how yours was kind of like a forbidden love story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lexie your story was good and very interesting and expressed the feelings of the subject very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unlike Moriah, I like mermaids. Anything to do with the sea just reels me in, no pun intended. Love it. Love you, Legsy.

    ReplyDelete