Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Happiest Memory

On September 21, 2011 on a Wednesday afternoon at 2:04 pm, I gave birth to a baby girl named Aaliyah. When I heard her cry for the first time, it made me realize that I was a mother now. It finally hit me. Holding her for the first time really touched my heart. I was thinking to myself like wow she’s finally here. Now I have somebody to take care of for the rest of my life. When I took her home from the hospital it was very hard the first couple of weeks. It took a lot out of me those first couple of weeks that she was home with me. I would say that for at least the first two months, I did not get any sleep at all. But my life changed for the better ever since she was born. Having my daughter made me even more determined to finish high school. For me quitting school was not an option. I did not want to be like some teen moms who had a baby and then quit school. My daughter deserves better than that. I want to be somebody that she can always look up to. I want her to be proud to have me as a mother. Being a mother is one of the hardest jobs in the entire world. I say this because you have another life that you have to take care of. You have somebody that is depending on you for everything. But I wouldn’t change the position that I’m in for anything in this entire world. Like I said before, being a mother is one of the hardest jobs that any woman could have but I think that it’s even harder when you have to raise a child by yourself. I know this for a fact because I raise my daughter all by myself. I take care of my child, go to school, and I have a job. At times I may get stressed out but at the end of the day all I think about is my daughter and how she keeps me motivated. These last seven months with my daughter have been the most wonderful times that I’ve had in my life. Becoming a mother at seventeen was not a part of my plans but I can definitely say that it has changed my life for the better. I am very thankful to have brought a beautiful little girl into this world that is just like me. I could not have asked for anything better!

16 comments:

  1. Tiana, I think your daughter is lucky to have you for a mom. You seem like a wonderful role model for her, and even though you are struggling through the difficulties of being a teen, a student, and a mother, you made the right decision to finish school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was great, i know your a great mother. I know how it feels being a mother its amazing. I love my son a lot.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful...I am so proud to know someone like you who can balance so much and continue to be so positive about it all. I think it's incredible, keep doin' what you do. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece could not be a better expression of your love for your daughter. When she is older she will love you and this(well when she can read). I know that for a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo amazing your amazing and are awesome!!!Don't let anyone or anything get in the way of you and that kiddo keep pusshing through girl. may Jehovah keep blessing you and your child!(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you Tiana and I know Aaliyah is thankful for you. I can't wait until she gets older and realizes everything you've done for her. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can tell how much you care for your daughter and this piece really shows that! Its incredible all that you do for your daughter and when she gets older i know she will be thankful for all you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiana- I'm glad you are balancing school, work, and having a young child at mom. It shows that you are very mature and have the willpower to do all things you set your mind too. I know your family is proud of you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW tiana,i love this. Im really happy for you , your precious daughter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiana, ive known you for what seven years now?
    And let me just say I admire your for everything that you pull through with, because I know it is'nt easy. As a teenager we have a hard time already, and yet you pull through baby and all. Your baby is adorable by the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aawww i remember wen u told me u was gonna have her hahah i did not beleive u at all.goodtimes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when you told me and abigail you were pregnant and having a kid is amazing. This is a really good writing, good choice in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Tiana This Is Beautiful. You Are A Great Mother, Aaliyah a.k.a Fat Mama Is Lucky To Have A Mother That Cares So Much And Loves So Hard..
    Ps Don't Forget About Your Other Child... (Me)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful! You are such a great mother, and she's very lucky to have you in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is a good piece and it is awesome that the child is such a positive part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice piece of writing i like it

    ReplyDelete