Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Human Nature

In my opinion, I believe that most people are inherently evil, but there are some that are good at heart. When it comes down to it, most people care about themselves. Self preservation is an instinct that is present in all human beings. When things get rough, they only look out for themselves.  They cover our tracks and sell others out just to save themselves. I’ve seen this done countless times when two or more people do something bad. When they get caught, they put the blame on one another and ignore the fact that they’re equally guilty. 
However, there are some that stay true to their friends and are loyal to the end. They refuse to tell on each other because they respect their friends and themselves and don’t want to be labeled a “snitch”. Then again, not everyone is like this. Another form of the evil in humanity, are the people who manipulate others for their own well being. They claim to “love” someone, but only cheat on them just so they can satiate their own temptations and desires. If someone cheats once, then they’re going to do it again. Especially if the one they cheated on forgives them. They will notice how you tolerate it, and they will continue to do it because they know you won’t leave them. Cheaters don’t love anyone but themselves. If they truly loved someone, then they wouldn’t dare think of cheating on them. There are people who are loving and dedicated to their partner. They stand by the ones they love and they wouldn’t cheat on them.
Love is also an excuse for gold-diggers.  They use and abuse the ones that care for them, just so they can get a cut on their finances. They lie and deceive other into believing that they love them, but really they only care about their selves. Human beings are cold, conniving, vindictive, ruthless animals that will do whatever it takes for them to survive. There are some people however, who you can trust whole-heartedly with. They will be there for you and they will help you whenever you’re in need. Families are the same. They will love and support you for being who you are and will encourage you to better yourself. These people are very, very hard to find. They are true friends who will have your back through thick and thin.
Just because I believe humans are inherently evil, doesn’t mean they can’t conquer their evil tendencies. Some people do better themselves and they help others who are in need. I fight myself on whether I believe there is hope for humanity to better themselves. However, I do believe that with a lot of work and acceptance in the world I believe there’s still hope for humanity

8 comments:

  1. Well, many authors and philosophers would agree with your perspective, Brandon. And I can't say I wholly disagree with you--I too think people are inherently evil, or rather inherently selfish. I think we are all inclined to act selfishly and many times, our actions can be evil because we are motivated by our own self-interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting view of humans. I am wondering if this paper is based on how you view yourself as well as others around you...including your close loved ones. Perhaps if this is how you view me, this is how I will conduct myself in society. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your work Brandon and i agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon I More Than Agree With You , You Already Know That.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was kind of scary, but well written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon this is really good. I like how it shows your views on everyone including yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you. Unfortunately,I've made the mistake of trusting others to be like me. I was raised to be selfless, to care deeply for others. I was the kind of friend who would die for those I loved without a second thought. I make sacrifices for my friends if I know it means I'd be helping them out, but now as I recognize the selfishness in others it disgusts me. I'm worn out by giving to those who take endlessly. Honestly, I don't see how I could go on if I don't start looking out for myself too. Selfishness, sadly enough, is a part of evolution.

    ReplyDelete