Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Narrative Writing


                                                Narrative Writing

The time that I was most terrified was when I got into my first car accident.  It all started when my sister and I took a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple things.  My sister went to a store and I was very tired so I stayed in the car and took a nap.  It must have been an hour later as I woke up from my sister tapping on the window to unlock the car door to let her in.  So I looked for my keys and started the ignition and pulled out of the parking lot.  On the way (which was about five minutes down the road from my house), we talked about things just to make the time fly faster.  It seemed like the longest time before we finally reached our turn to go down the road that we lived on we ran into a bit of a problem.  The big problem was that it was rush hour and a lot of cars were in the lane I was trying to cross over into.  So I took my time and tried not to panic and waited for my turn to get ready to make the cross to the next road.  Then all a sudden a car that was in front of me in the opposite direction was making a turn also as I was.  So me being the new driver that I was I looked both ways once before crossing and went for the turn.  As I went across the street I noticed a speeding Chevy truck heading in my direction very quickly.  I panicked and my first thought was to stop but then in realized that I was too far out in the road to stop, so I pushed the gas pedal and tried to beat the car across the road.  As I approached the end of the road, just as I was about the make it to the other side the truck hits the side of my car that my sisters on at about 70 miles per hour and pushes us twenty feet backwards.  As the impact happened the air bags deployed and hit me in the face and rattled me for a couple seconds.  As I came back to my senses I felt a sharp pain in my elbow and I looked at my sister and she was in extreme pain also.  Then the people who were around the accident, came closer to check to see if were were both ok and called 911.  After about ten minutes the paramedics came and checked my arm and took me out of mar car and out me on a stretcher.  As they rolled me into the ambulance I had a good look at my first car and saw my sister getting cut out if the car with the jaws of life.  I waited for a moment or two for my sister to enter the ambulance with me, hoping that she wasn’t hurt too badly.  Finally they rolled her in there and I was a little relieved.  As we were on our way to the hospital I was praying that nothing would happen to my sister, that if anything bad would happen that it would happen to me because it was my fault. The paramedics found my phone on the floor of my car and contacted my parents to meet them at the hospital.  As we arrived to the hospital they came to get my sister in intensive care first because she was hurt worse than I was. It must have been ten minutes later until they came to get me out of the ambulance and they rolled me into a waiting room.  Soon nurses came in to ask me if I was ok and if anything hurt.  I told them that my arm hurt and they got me x-rayed and sent me back to the waiting room.  Then the doctor came in and told me that first off my sister was ok that it wasn’t as serious as they thought.  They told my parents and me that she had a collapsed lung and she would have to have surgery and stay in the hospital for a few days.   They also told me that my arm was not broken it was just bruised very badly.  Both were very good news to us.  An hour or so passed and they released me from the hospital as my sister was going into surgery.  I didn’t sleep very well that night because the wreck kept flashing through my head over and over all night.  My mom stayed with my sister the whole time she was in there and after a few days they released her from the hospital.  It took her a while but she finally got back to normal.  To this day I still miss my first car and I will never forget the most terrifying moment in my life because it will always be in the back of my mind that I almost lost my sister due to an accident that could have been easily avoided if I would have just been more cautious.

8 comments:

  1. Ive been in a wreck before and i know how bad it sucks good story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firmly believe that things always happen for a reason and this will definitely make me drive safer. I almost lost my sister due to an accident last Thanksgiving so I know how scary that can be. Very good story. Love that you wrote something so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i try to be a safe driver always wearing my seat belt and driving the speed limit this story was touching and ill keep being a safe driver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrifying--I've had some close calls and I know how scary it can be. Also terrifying because being a parent, I can tell you I am so frightened of this happening to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i havent yet been in a car accident so i cant really relate to that too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. terrifying i to had a bad car wreck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what u mean because I have also been in multiple car accidents

    ReplyDelete
  8. I known how you feel about how scary something like thi scan be.

    ReplyDelete